Domesticated Animal Citizenship means that domesticated animals (dogs, cats, cows, pigs, etc.) should be seen as full members of human-animal mixed communities, participating in the cooperative project of shared citizenship.
We submissions for proposals/projects that shows ways on how to achieve citizenship for domesticated animals.
Citizenship for domesticated animals will have various impacts, for instance regarding the following subject matters:
- How will cities and buildings have to be designed to become animal friendly for both domestic as well as liminal animals?
- What will be the benefits for humans?
- What will be potential costs?
- How can the legal status of domesticated animals be ensured?
- Which legal duties arise for humans who have animals?
- How can the agricultural sector change without exploiting animals?
- How can the effects on business be smoothed that currently exploit animals?
- What are potential scenarios going forward?